About this book
Paradise Lost is for many the greatest poem written in English. Composed late in the author's life, it deals with nothing less than the destiny of mankind.
This essential introductory guide:
• leads the reader into the epic poem through detailed analysis of key extracts, exploring Milton's original thought and style
• provides useful sections on 'Methods of Analysis' and 'Further Work' to aid independent study
• offers valuable information on Milton's life, times and literary legacy
• examines the development of critical opinion and discusses some recent critical views of the poem.
John Milton: Paradise Lost is ideal for anyone who is studying this complex and beautiful work for the first time. It will enable you to approach your own critical analysis of the poem with confidence.
Table of Contents
Analysing Paradise Lost
The Context and the Critics
- John Milton: Paradise Lost
- Macmillan Education UK
- Print ISBN
- Electronic ISBN
- Copyright Year
- Literature to 1900