About this book
This wide-ranging study of the Pacific Islands provides a dynamic and provocative account of the peopling of the Pacific, and its broad impact on world history. Spanning over 50,000 years of human presence in an area which comprises one-third of our planet – Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia – the narrative follows the development of the region, from New Guinea's earliest settlement to the creation of the modern Pacific states.
Thoroughly revised and updated in light of the most recent scholarship, the second edition includes:
• an overview of the events and developments in the Pacific Islands over the last decade
• coverage of the latest archaeological discoveries
• several new maps
• an updated and expanded bibliography
Steven Roger Fischer's unique text provides a highly accessible and invaluable introduction to the history of an area which is currently emerging as pivotal in international affairs.
Table of Contents
- A History of the Pacific Islands
- Macmillan Education UK
- Print ISBN
- Electronic ISBN
- Copyright Year
Steven Roger Fischer
- National and Regional Histories