About this book
Gillian Steinberg offers an approachable introduction to the poems of one of the most prolific and influential English writers, through an examination of wide-ranging selections from his work.
Part I of this invaluable study:
• provides clear and stimulating close readings of Thomas Hardy's key poems
• considers major themes in Hardy's poetry, including ghosts, God's role in the world, war, and the painful passage of time
• summarizes the methods of analysis and provides suggestions for further work.
Part II supplies essential background material, featuring:
• an account of Hardy's life and works
• samples of criticism from important Hardy scholars.
With a helpful Further Reading section, this insightful volume is ideal for anyone who wishes to appreciate and explore Hardy's poetry for themselves.
Table of Contents
Analysing Thomas Hardy’s Poems
The Context and the Critics
- Thomas Hardy: The Poems
- Macmillan Education UK
- Print ISBN
- Electronic ISBN
- Copyright Year